Chicago Commercial Litigation Attorneys
When an individual or competing business violates your legal rights—whether by stealing your physical or intellectual property, violating the terms of a contract, or publicly making defamatory comments—you may need to act fast to prevent additional harm to your company. You may have the right to file a lawsuit against the offending party, a claim that may take months or years to reach a resolution. In some cases, the slow-turning wheel of justice simply won’t protect you from the irreparable harm that could occur while your case makes its way through the courts. If you have any questions regarding commercial litigation in Chicago our attorneys can assist you with your needs.
Professional Chicago commercial attorneys prepared to protect your rights
When time is short, you may need legal help to protect your business from serious harm. The seasoned Hoffman Estates commercial litigators at MacDonald, Lee & Senechalle have decades of experience in using tools such as temporary restraining orders, declaratory judgments, and preliminary injunctions to stop bad actors in their tracks. When the threat to your business is an emergency injunction that could prevent you from doing business, our attorneys can assist to defend you against these limits on your rights.
Our experienced business lawyers understand that time is of the essence when you’re experiencing an unexpected attack on your business. The Chicago area business attorneys at MacDonald, Lee & Senechalle will ensure that a request for emergency relief is filed as soon as possible. Contact our Hoffman Estates injunction and temporary restraining order attorneys when you’re facing an urgent need for legal protection of your commercial rights.
When is immediate commercial litigation necessary?
Immediate legal action is only available when the potential harm suffered by the victim would occur in the immediate future and be permanent without judicial intervention. When businesses seek immediate legal relief, they are often facing such threats as:
- Disclosure of trade secrets
- Defamatory comments, such as slanderous or libelous comments in a public forum
- Disclosure of confidential information about a client
- Violation of trademarks or copyrights
- Breach of contract, such as a failure to deliver or delivery of non-compliant products
- Attempts to solicit customers or recruit employees in breach of non-compete agreements
Immediate legal relief
There are several forms of legal relief that can protect you from imminent harm to your business:
- Temporary restraining orders: a temporary restraining order is the fastest, and shortest-lasting, form of immediate legal relief. Courts can issue temporary restraining orders based only on an application filed by the potential victim without first hearing from the opposing side. Courts will not issue temporary restraining orders unless there is no other way to prevent permanent harm.
- Preliminary injunctions: Often, plaintiffs will request a hearing for a preliminary injunction at the same time as filing an application for a temporary restraining order. Preliminary injunctions often have the same effect as a temporary restraining order, but they last longer and will only be issued after the opposing side has had an opportunity to defend themselves.
- Declaratory judgments: Declaratory judgments provide a way for parties to have the legal rights and obligations of parties involved in a dispute memorialized in an official court order. Parties often seek a declaratory judgment when they feel that a lawsuit is imminent, as a way of protecting themselves from unfair claims or of clarifying or limiting the disputed issues in a lawsuit.
Immediate Assistance with Urgent Commercial Litigation in Chicago
If you need professional and dedicated legal help with an immediate commercial dispute in Illinois, contact the Chicago area commercial litigators at MacDonald, Lee & Senechalle, Ltd. , for a consultation on your case in Hoffman Estates at 847-310-0025, or in Des Plaines at 847-298-5030.